Landscape Design – Vermont, New Hampshire + Maine
Zachary Berger Associates is a landscape and permaculture design and consulting firm, founded in 1997 with studios in Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine. Small, creative, capable, energetic, versatile and ecologically-minded describes our firm. We provide design, consulting and project administration throughout northern New England. We are experienced in working with challenging environments- mountainside, lakeside and oceanside. Our services include residential landscape master plans; preservation plans for historic landscapes; landscape renovation plans for urban sites and rural properties and sustainable ecological designs for conservation properties and associations.
Services: Landscape master plans · small property plans · ecological landscape plans · permaculture plans · landscape installation management · shoreland permit-related services · conservation and habitat restoration plans · estate management · horticulture consulting
Zachary began his design career at age fourteen, when he drew out raised beds and plotted crop locations on graph paper for the family’s large organic garden in Maine. Following two years of studying biological agriculture in Maine and Virginia, Zachary decided to expand his knowledge of landscape and garden design. Thus came four years of formal education in horticulture and design at Andrews University and Southern Maine Technical College. He founded the firm after several years of nursery wetland plant production, landscape design and installation experience throughout New England. Zachary’s enthusiasm for the natural world continues to inform and guide his design approach. 2018: pursuing Permaculture Design certification through the University of New Hampshire.
- Accredited Organic Land Care Practitioner (AOLCP)– one of only three accredited professionals in Vermont
- Northeast Hardscape Show awards committee member and judge 2017 & 2018
- Multi-state certified landscape and nursery professional
- New England Nursery Association Young Nursery Professional of the Year
- Master Gardener since 1993
- Volunteer Trail Adopter for the Appalachian Mountain Club
Ronny Stelly, associate AS, Landscape and Environmental Design
Ronny pursued a degree in the landscape design profession after three years of hobby farming in South Royalton, Vermont. When Hurricane Irene washed his hard work and effort down the White River in year two, Ronny became determined to better understand the intricacies of our built world. Receiving an Associate of Science degree in Landscape and Environmental Design at NHTI in Concord, New Hampshire, he provides an environmentally conscious approach. Ronny views the landscape design profession as a unique opportunity to alter industry norms while conveying to clients the importance of place. 2018: pursuing Permaculture Design certification through the University of New Hampshire.
- Associate in Science in Landscape and Environmental Design
- Newman Civic Fellow Inductee 2014
- NHTI Institute Leadership Team Commendation Award recipient
- President – Environmental Action Club of NHTI
- Volunteer Steward for Stowe Land Trust